Saturday, December 11, 2010

First Edit Done!

I have gone through my NaNo novel twice now. The first time I was looking for plot errors (I found a few) and the second edit verb tense. I realized that although I wrote the majority of it in past tense, I used too many present tense verbs. It took me three days to "fix" the verb tense. I looked at "ing" words and changed them to "ed" words. It is now just over 57K. It is by far the longest novel I have ever written! I am proud of myself 1.) for writing such a long novel and 2.) for trying to write something I had never written before (YA fantasy). I looked back at my outline and realized that my finished version is NOTHING like what I had in mind. This is because my main character has led me down roads that I either did not or could not envision back in October. My next job is to have a couple of people read it and tell me what they believe I should "fix" or where the story bogs. I am in the process of looking for an agent for it. I already have the second book in this series plotted out in my head. I can either make this one longer or start the new one...hmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment below: