Sunday, January 23, 2011

Goodbye Mr. Chips

I just watched the 1939 version with Greer Garson in it. It was good and the makeup was very well done as Mr. Chipps aged. I have to say I like the Peter O'Toole/Petula Clark version the best. I remember when I was younger thinking that I would like to live a life where I had no regrets. I know I've written about this before but I do regret not pursuing a Ph.D in English. I envision myself teaching in a small liberal arts college in either Northern California or on the northern east coast of the US. Teaching eager students yearning to partake of my knowledge of writing...well, it is a dream after all! LOL. Anyway one of the most important characteristics anyone can have is hope and hope leads to dreams. As long as those dreams are not based in delusions (i.e. I will never be an astrophysicist no matter how much I want to be one), to have dreams is to have hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment below: