Sunday, January 2, 2011

Is Writing a Vocation or????

I truly believe that writing is a vocation, a calling if you will. I have heeded the call since I was eight years old and self published a book of poetry to give to family as gifts for the holidays. Writing was something that flowed from my soul onto the paper and later the computer. I find that the older I get the more I enjoy writing and find that if I don't write for one day or two I get grumpy! I am the kind of writer that starts with an idea and then begins writing and sees where the characters take me. Sometimes they take me someplace completely new! Other times they meander down a path, get caught in the trees and that's it for them. I am most happy when I am writing and creating a world of characters that live and breathe on the page before me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment below: