Wednesday, January 5, 2011

MFA or Not?

I have been looking at posts on various blogs about the benefits/disadvantages of getting an MFA. I have been turned down twice at one university and three times at another. I know I can write, that is not the problem. The problem is unless my name is Francesa Lia Block or Stephen King without a MFA I cannot teach creative writing. Why are there so few online MFA programs? It seems to me that an online MFA program (I only found one at National University in California) would be perfect for those of us that have to work full time and can't afford to go to a campus even for 10 day residencies.
On the plus side I sent out the faerie novel to a different agent this morning. I already have one rejection from an agent.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment below: