Monday, January 10, 2011

Regrets

I was thinking about regrets yesterday. If your life is a timeline and I examine the timeline when I was in my twenties I wonder about "the road not taken." If I wouldve stayed in New York what would have happened? If I stayed in LA what then? If I didn't get married then I wouldn't have my kids and I would regret that but I regret the marriage. I remember as a young child when an adult would ask me what I wanted to do when I "grew up" and I would say "actress or writer" (okay for a while there I would say ballerina.) I was a theatre major in college and knew I wanted to make a career of it. Then...I stopped acting. I decided to be a teacher...I liked teaching but am not teaching now. I am still writing though although I did not make it my full-time career as I had hoped. I regret not following my passion and hope that those reading this follow theirs. Don't look back on your life thinking "what if I had taken that path instead? What then?" I recall reading that someone said if you follow your dream and do what you are passionate about the money will follow. Don't ever compromise your ideals for money. You will be unhappy and bitter. And full of regrets.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment below: